INTERESTING OR UNINTERESTING? (04/24/2013)





I just started The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer and am reserving judgement until I have read more. So far I can relate to the characters, the summer camp theme and the issues that are being addressed in the first few chapters.

What's this all about, you ask? It's a novel about a group of talented teenagers who meet at a summer camp in the seventies. They remain friends and their lives circle one another as the years pass. I would call it a coming of age story...a particular era focused on privileged people dealing with loss of innocense, friendship, art, sexual angst, and envy. (To mention a few..)

I look forward to getting into The Interestings and after a few chapters, I already feel I have a special understanding of the characters. I too had a special group of friends that originated at a summer camp..but that may be the only parallel....

The reviews by fellow bloggers, critics, the New York Times Book Revue have been flawless....

Stay tuned....


FOR MORE INFORMATION:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/21/books/review/the-interestings-by-meg-wolitzer.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

www.megwolitzer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment