JOYCE'S CHOICE OF THE MONTH (01/28/2014)



In an earlier post I expressed doubts about The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. I'm eating my words!

Reviewers labeled it unnecessarily long, but so what?!! I was quick to agree, but I spoke too soon and this is my mea culpa.




 

THE GOLDFINCH by Tartt is now my choice for the Best Book of the Month. The depth and quality of Tartt's writing does not disappoint.

I've read her other books and although The Goldfinch could use some minor editing, simply said, I don't want this main character's journey to end.(And what a journey!)


For lovers of art, New York, beautiful writing, this masterful novel holds a great deal of meaning. Compelling and powerful, I highly recommend it.
  




BEST BOOK OF THE MONTH: THE GOLDFINCH by DONNA TARTT


 




ORDER  THE GOLDFINCH DIRECTLY FROM THIS BLOG. CLICK ON THE AMAZON SEARCH BOX IN THE SIDEBAR

No comments:

Post a Comment