HONEY, DO YOU NEED A RIDE? CONFESSIONS OF A FAT RUNNER (06/26/2013)




Author Jennifer Graham is a friend of a friend and I love the title of her new book. It's called Honey, Do You Need a Ride? Confessions of a Fat Runner. (Are you smiling yet?)

Jennifer is a South Carolina native but lives and jogs in the Boston suburbs where she resides with her four children, two donkeys, two cats and a border collie. To quote Jennifer, "I was a newspaper reporter before excessive procreation forced a freelance career"

Honey, Do You Need a Ride? Confessions of a Fat Runner has gotten rave reviews. Her sense of humor and writing style is so engaging one can't help but relate.  One reviewer said "It's just plain laugh-out loud comedy. You'll love it!"


Here's how Jennifer Graham describes Honey, Do You Need a Ride?:

Basically, it's a story of a woman (that would be me) who started running 25 years ago to lose weight, but finally realized that running alone wouldn't do it. I figure I have run across the U.S. two or three times now in equivalent miles, but my thighs still rub together like a couple of lovesick Honeybaked hams.


But along the way I became addicted to endorphins, which was a good thing because I needed running to get me through a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad divorce. Also, I acquired a coach.... albeit a dead one ... the spirit of the late great Steve Prefontaine. Yeah, it's a minor metaphysical challenge. But I am a newly single, perpetually broke single mother of four, marooned a thousand miles from my family and friends, with four children and two donkeys depending on me. Intermittently sane is the best I can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment