ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE (MAY 2017)





I couldn't wait for Elizabeth Strout's new release...I thought it
was going to be a novel, but it's not. It's a collection of stories
about characters I'm supposed to remember from Strout's last
novel, My Name is Lucy Barton that I read two years ago. I can
barely remember what I read last month let alone two years ago!
So it's a challenge...not quite a sequel to Lucy Barton, but lots of references.

In spite of this confusion on my part, the multiple stories are
fascinating although mostly bleak and heart wrenching. I can't say I
love this book, but the writing is brilliant...and an older, wiser Lucy Barton actually makes an appearance.


Thankyou www.bookreporter.com for the review.















ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE by Elizabeth Strout (Fiction)
Audiobook available, read by Kimberly Farr
Here are two sisters: One trades self-respect for a wealthy husband, while the other finds in the pages of a book a kindred spirit who changes her life. The janitor at the local school has his faith tested in an encounter with an isolated man he has come to help; a grown daughter longs for mother love even as she comes to accept her mother’s happiness in a foreign country; and the adult Lucy Barton (the heroine of MY NAME IS LUCY BARTON, Elizabeth Strout's celebrated New York Times bestseller) returns to visit her siblings after 17 years of absence. Reviewed by Harvey Freedenberg.
Click here to read more about the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment