FATES AND FURIES (OCTOBER)

24612118. uy113
This novel is a staggering achievement that belies the youth of its clearly brilliant author. It demonstrates a competency and self-assuredness that give credibility to (1) the importance of a liberal arts education and (2) undeniable intelligence and talent. It is, for sure, and not just for today, a masterpiece of the sort that gives the deepest intellectual and emotional pleasure. Fates and Furies. A Little Life. What a year!

 Goodreads.com friend Barbara A. expressed the sentiments above and I agree with her wholeheartedly! Cannot put this book down.
It tells the story of a marriage, first from the husband's point of view and then changes midway to reveal a wife more vengeful than expected. It's a fascinating read and although I am halfway done with this dark, explicit tome I don't want it to end...I am afraid of the ending...
I recommend this for the adventuress reader who's open to domestic crisis on a very high level. By the way, the writing is exquisite.

ORDER NOW FROM AMAZON. CLICK THE AMAZON SEARCH BOX IN THE SIDEBAR.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard lots of great things! This one is definitely on my TBR list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The NY Times had an interesting interview with the author and her husband...very honest, in a good way.

      Delete