IS IT ME? (04/01/2012)



Before you begin perusing the April releases, here's a quick update on some books I've read recently and it's a little depressing.

For more information about these books, find the title in the BOOK INDEX located in the sidebar.



THE SNOW CHILD by Eowyn Ivey 

A well written, weird, haunting tale. I found it mesmerizing and compelling although slow moving. (No sleep aid needed while reading this book)

STAY CLOSE by Harlan Coben

I always anticipate a new release by Harlan Coben. They're light thrillers, snappy and witty. This book was just plain cliche and a big disappointment. It's number one on the Best Seller List in spite of my opinion..

MUDWOMAN by Joyce Carol Oates

I could not get into this book. I've read all of Joyce Carol Oates books. I found MUDWOMAN overly long, repetitive and gave up about half way through...Maybe it's me...

Is it me?
Go ahead and post a comment, send a tweet or an email ...Am I just being negative? 

Do you have a book recommendation? Let me know.



BLOG READER'S CRITIQUE
 
HISTORY OF A PLEASURE SEEKER by Richard Mason      


This blog reader's first words were...." A very very explicit sexy book about pleasure" He felt the book was entertaining but thought the characters were poorly developed...( I'm surprised he noticed) 

Overall he felt the novel was a quick and intoxicating read and is hoping for a sequel!
Man Reading With Glasses Clip Art

Scroll down this page for a more realistic and detailed review or click on the title in the BOOK INDEX located in the sidebar.


Have you read this book? What's your opinion?





GREAT PRICE ON A KINDLE !  Get Yours today. You'll have any book in seconds. Perfect for travelers!

No comments:

Post a Comment