WHAT AM I READING? (MAY 2018)

I can't seem to find a book that I've really loved...that I can't put down....that I've been totally immersed in..and that I want to recommend! But I'm still hopeful!

I finished An American Marriage by Tayari Jones. Despite the quality of the writing I don't know what all the hype was about. I appreciate the serious story line and the impact on the black community but I had difficulty aligning with the characters and found the book slowmoving.

The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen is a good beach read. Pretty standard story much like Gone Girl and Girl on the Train....not as good as either but held my interest. Refreshing to read something mindless occasionally.

Tangerine by Christine Mangan will make a great film. Very convoluted storyline, fabulous setting in Tangiers, and  fast paced....Because I've traveled to that part of the world, I'm taken in by the vivid descriptions of the country.....However, too many events seem unlikely and gradually it all feels confusing and absurd. Haven't finished it yet so stay tuned....

I have a long TBR list...so moving on ....

No comments:

Post a Comment