OCTOBER PREVIEWS



I just finished Bright, Precious Days by Jay McInerney, infamous author of Bright Lights Big City. 
It reminded me of Sex and the City ...only focusing on married couples.
 I hadn't read his previous novels that tracked the lives of these aforementioned couples and as a result I didn't feel Invested nor did I care. It was an uneven read, often slow moving and in all fairness, maybe one needs to read the two preceding novels (Brightness Falls and The Good Life).... but that's not going to happen.

Nutshell by Ian McEwan is my next read and it looks like it's going to be smart, funny and oh do I love his prose!!!!! Stay tuned.

Here's some new releases for October....
THE WANGS VS. THE WORLD by Jade Chang(Fiction)
Charles Wang is mad at America. A brash, lovable immigrant businessman who built a cosmetics empire and made a fortune, he’s just been ruined by the financial crisis. Now all Charles wants is to get his kids safely stowed away so that he can go to China and attempt to reclaim his family’s ancestral lands --- and his pride.





I'm posting the following book for football fans, since it's the season and a timely topic! Let me know if it lives up to the hype.. I won't be reading it....

BELICHICK & BRADY: Two Men, the Patriots, and How They Revolutionized Football by Michael Holley (Sports)
Featuring interviews from New England Patriots players and coaches, Michael Holley presents a fascinating portrait of the partnership between Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. Chockful of behind-the-scenes anecdotes, this is required reading for any Patriots fan and students of the game of football.

Thankyou Bookreporter.com for your reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment